torsdag den 10. december 2009

Refinery table ( 6)

An other update tonight be for I head to bed.

I Have finished the bends and made them ready for moulding.
I used this opportunity to make an other mould, since it is not that more work to tow moulds, when you are making one. And as you can probably guess from the back ground, I am going to make a mould of some oil drums, since I am pretty sure I am going to use a lot of them in this project.

And here is the silicone rubber I am using, it is from Slymasta and is the 370 grade rubber. It is easy to work with a since it is really flexible allows for undercuts making it perfect for model replication. The keen observer might notice that there now are 3 mould, that is be cause I am not that good a estimating the amount of silicone need to make the mould, so I quickly found some other stuff I could use a mould of. It is going to be a 1 sided mould of some drums, to be used for sticking out of the ground ect.

And ps. don't say modelling isn't dangerous.
I cut my self trying to separate a drum from a old model, must have used a hole bottle of glue attaching it in the first place.

PPS.
having half you finger fixed is kinda crippling when modelling and writing.

3 kommentarer:

  1. Interesting blog!
    I intend to try some simple resin casting.
    John

    SvarSlet
  2. well thanks
    When I get to it I will post some guides/tips to mould making and casting.

    SvarSlet
  3. Excellent post mate, must admit, I'm getting interested in this casting malarkey.

    SvarSlet