søndag den 6. december 2009

Refinery table ( 2)

I have started on the walkway, and must say I am pretty pleased with the result. The piece is primary made to use for either warhammer 40.000 or necromunda, so it has a lot of cracks and slots where you can shoot from, so it is not just a big block on the battle field
The support are made out of 3x3mm foamcore strips, with the cross bar glued on overlaping the supports. They are easy to construct but the is a lot of cutting and nit picking.

In the beginning I had doubt that they could support the weight of the models, but from the looks of it, they are more then capable of supporting the weight of the models, that can be placed on top of it.

The walkway it self is granny grating aka plastic canvas, and as I have said earlier I simply love that stuff, it is so easy to work with and so forgiving, it would have been more troublesome to make the deck in for instance plastic card. At the moment I am not sure if I am going to put some plastic card around the edges, but more on that later.
As a small side note I think I am going to make some sandbags on walkway so it is not completely suicide to walk up there.

1 kommentar: